Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 13 - #Trust30 writing challenge

Just in case you happen to be following these writing prompts, I skipped yesterday, because I can.  :)

I will not hide my tastes or aversions. I will so trust that what is deep is holy, if we follow the truth, it will bring us out safe at last. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Surprise by Ashley Ambirge


Think of a time when you didn’t think you were capable of doing something, but then surprised yourself.  How will you surprise yourself this week?

I think back to the time when I admitted to myself that the clutter that was taking over our house was looking more and more like hoarding.  Of course I never said that 'h' word out loud.  I would just admit that the clutter was getting out of control.  I remember thinking that there was nothing I could do about it.  I would start the de-cluttering process and quickly quit because I became overwhelmed.  Then I gathered up all my inner-strength (which I happen to have plenty of) and just jumped in.  40+ boxes and numerous garbage bags later, I had accomplished something that I never thought would be possible.

I look back at that time in my life and I feel grateful for being shown the way by the Divine.  I was shown that I can do anything that I want to do.  Sometimes I forget that I have that spark inside of me.  Sometimes I just don't want to do things that seem hard.  That's ok.  Because I get to choose which actions I will take.  I get to decide when things need to be faced.

Maybe I'll choose to do something surprising this week.....and maybe I won't.

Just my thoughts.

This has been day #13 of the #Trust30 writing challenge. #Trust30 is an online initiative and 30-day writing challenge that encourages you to look within and trust yourself. Use this as an opportunity to reflect on your now, and to create direction for your future. 30 prompts from inspiring thought-leaders will guide you on your writing journey. You can see the details here.




No comments: