Wednesday, January 20, 2010

2010 is my time to Shine


I have this nagging feeling that there is something that I am supposed to be doing, but am putting off. Well, actually its not a nagging feeling. I know exactly what it is that I am avoiding. I have a lot of work to do in order to finish the decluttering that I started back in August.

I very much believe that the condition of my environment affects the condition of my spirit. I have a hard time quieting my mind and allowing meditation to happen, because my head is so full of mental clutter. This mental clutter multiplies just like the physical clutter of my home.

I think I figured if I stashed the clutter away in rooms downstairs, that it would just magically go away. Didn't happen. All I have now, is a basement full of stuff that needs to be gone through. The only thing that stands between me and that clutter is...is...fear. There!! I said it out loud. Actually, I typed it out loud.

I made a deal with myself that I would not live this year in fear. I was going to let myself 'shine'. So when I come up against a fear, I face it, and I do the thing that I am afraid of. I got the idea from a Twitter/Facebook friend, who said it best. She said that she was doing away with her chicken behaviors so she could be bullet proof. I love that. I want to be bullet proof.

I have been a sitting target all my life, and 2010 is the year for me to shine. Can't shine if I'm dodging bullets all the time.

So I guess I will begin Phase 2 of my Great Decluttering Adventure. It will be quite the adventure indeed. Oddly enough, I'm excited about the task at hand. I'm not dreading the process, because I remember the last time I decluttered. I remember how my spirit was shining bright. My spirits beacon has dimmed a bit and its time to shine again.

I want to know if you have any chicken behaviors that you would like to let go of. Share them and you may find it easier to face them.

I end my quiet time now and I leave here feeling lighter and calmer and ever so slightly brighter.

Just my thoughts.

9 comments:

mercedes said...

How brave! Fear only lasts until you stand up to it!
Big hugs!

Zeenat{Positive Provocations} said...

Hello Shiny Jill,
Am so glad youre starting phase 2...somehow when you start your de cluttering..i will invariably feel the itch to do some of my decluttering too....So This means i am goign to hang by your every post..adn count your boxes...and compare them to mine ;)
But, really youre one awesome inspiring gal...And so so real! WOW!
So much Love to you,
Z!

septembermom said...

Mental clutter can drive me crazy too! Fear hinders many of us. Thank you for speaking what many of us fail to tell ourselves. You're always inspiring.

Megan "JoyGirl!" Bord said...

(Phew, nearly panicked there - couldn't figure out how to post a comment on this new & beautiful design!)

I give you a lot of credit for facing your fear, Jill. I think we all have something that stops us in our tracks, or gets the best of us most times. And for me, those chicken behaviors get swept under the rug because I figure I'll just deal with overcoming them tomorrow. But when tomorrow comes, do I? Not always.

You have my good energy and loving thoughts with you as you embark on this decluttering project. You can do it! And like you said, you'll shine that much brighter when you're done (and that brightness will radiate throughout the world, helping others you don't even know you've helped).

No Longer Blogging said...

Jill,
Yay for you! I've got de-cluttering on the brain as well. You know once you start the energy will just propel you forward.

Can't wait to hear how it goes. And I'm really really happy you're blogging more frequently. Yes, you sure do have things to say. Thank God for that!!

Love you,
Sandi

Jill said...

Mercedes - You are so right. I'm standing tall.

Zeenat - It's always nice to have someone to work with. If my decluttering can help you to do the same than its worth the work.

Septembermom - I think that my mental clutter also causes my fear half the time. If its not there, fear has no place to hide.

Megan - Thank you so much. Your good energy and thoughts can help carry me through this task. I appreciate you for that.

Sandi - I am looking forward to getting started and you're right, once I start that energy will help keep me going.

Stacey said...

Amen to that!

Stark Raving Zen said...

Absolutely. Our physical environment is a mirror of our internal self. I wish you the strength to get through this declutter stage and to find a balance so that it's not a constant struggle for you. Have you read, "After the Ecstacy, the Laundry" by Jack Kornfield? I wonder if you wouldn't enjoy that book? It might help you. (I haven't read it, although I have it on my book shelf. It just popped into my head while I was typing this, so I figured I'd better share.)

Jill said...

Stacey - I'm so glad that you relate to what I'm saying. Thanks for letting me know.

Kristy - I have that book on my list of books to read someday. That list is getting bigger and bigger. hee hee